How to Register
There are three easy ways to register:
1. Online Registration
Call the City at (949) 461-3450 to get your family online account set-up. On the registration site, click on the registration button located under Recreation Classes or on the left-hand side of the homepage.
Just in time to register for some summer fun, we’ve upgraded our online registration site! To register for summer programs please to set up a new family account. Resident Registration will begin on May 15, at 8:00 am and Non-Resident Registration will begin on May 22 at 8:00 am and you will need a new account prior to these dates.
Follow the steps below to get your account ready:
Step 1: Go to the https://apm.activecommunities.com/lakeforestcarec/
Step 2: Click on 'Create Account'.
Step 3: Complete your information!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call your Community Services Department at (949) 461-3450 during normal business hours or after hours call (949) 273-6960 or email or email LFReconline@lakeforestca.gov
2. Mail-In Registration
Complete the Program Registration Form and enclose your check payable to the "City of Lake Forest." Please complete a registration form with a separate check for each program.
3. Walk-In Registration
Bring the Program Registration Form, your check, or cash to City Hall (25550 Commercentre Drive) or the Lake Forest Recreation Center (28000 Rancho Parkway). Credit cards are not accepted for programs.
- A full refund will be given for any activity canceled by the City of Lake Forest.
- In the case of a City excursion, if a refund is requested and the City is able to fill the spot, the participant will receive a full refund minus the $10 administrative fee.
- In the case that the City is not able to fill the spot, no refund will be given. Refunds may take up to 30 days to process from the date of cancellation of a program.
- Registrations for City excursions are non-transferable.
- Refunds will not be given for any portion of recreation classes after the second meeting of the class has taken place. If a refund is requested prior to the second week of class, a refund will be given minus a $10.00 administrative fee.
- Refunds are not given for any program that may be canceled by the patron with a fee of $10.00 or less per participant (per receipted transaction).
- All programs are subject to cancellation or schedule changes.
- The City does not pro-rate any of our classes or programs; late registrants will be obligated to pay full price for the course.
- In the case that we receive your Program Registration Form and the activity is full, we will put you on the waiting list.
- Please submit a separate check for each program with your registration form. In the case that you do not submit one check for numerous activities and one of them is full, we cannot process your registration and it will be returned to you.
- Upon receipt of your paid registration, you will be a confirmed registrant for your desired class or classes. Your canceled check will serve as your receipt. If you would like a printed receipt sent to you, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope when submitting your completed registration form.
- Returned check policy: If your check is returned to us, you will be charged $25.00 fee in addition to the amount of the original check. You will be prohibited from registering for future programs until any returned check issues are resolved.
- Activities may be canceled if the minimum is not met. You will be contacted if a class or program for which you have registered has been canceled.